Per the advice of my roommates, I’ve amended the recipe name. This lascivious chocolate dessert may quell the fervor, but it’s certainly no substitute. That being said, I still recommend the challenge!
Better Than (No) Sex (Cup)Cakes
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix, prepared according to package directions (for me, this included 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 1/4 cups water)
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
- 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Make slits across the top of the cupcakes, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Spoon the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cupcakes, letting it sink into the slits. Sprinkle with the crushed candy liberally while still warm.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more candy chunks and swirls of caramel.